Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Beginning with the End in Mind


I loved being pregnant. Every day felt like an opportunity to give my sweet baby the best start that I and life had to offer. In spite of the weight gain, bad skin, lack of red wine, and morning sickness (one of the best kept pregnancy secrets is that puking can't tell time...), I felt like I held the most glee-filled, chocolate doughnutty, confetti tossing secret ever. I was making a person. A bone fide eyelashes, spleen, and toenail possessing b-a-b-y.

Despite my love of pregnancy, life at home wasn't good. I'm sure I'll share more details about life during those months as I continue to blog, but in short, I was spending a lot of extra time at school. I felt capable and respected there. I didn't have to tiptoe to maintain peace or fudge the truth to make others believe that all was well. Neither I, nor any of my family members, nor any friend knew all of what was lurking beneath the surface of my well-manicured life.

I mentioned here that I was using my blog as an escape. It wasn't that I lied in my blog, but I made the decision to look for the most silverypink moments in my life, take the time to document them, and be grateful for the beauty God was giving me.

Please accept my apology for keeping many truths from you. This blog will be different. It is a place for me to heal, to find humor in life with a growing (far too quickly for my liking) baby boy, to help others in crisis, and to regain the heart I nearly lost. 


Gratitude List
Coffee at Sweet Aromas with mom and Peanut
A 40 minute late morning nap
Getting two 'prep for school' tasks finished
Watching G-Mac improvise an awesome dino story for Peanut
Safe travels for the 'Six Pack'
Wolfie was fine after taking a tumble in the backyard
Dinner and HP1 with Robbie
Blogging while snacking on one of Margie's chocolate chippers

No comments:

Post a Comment