Thursday, August 2, 2012

woManning Up


From July 24, 2012

While revising and editing another blog entry I felt my spine tingle and then a trickle of wiggling snaked from my right shoulder to my left and back.

Was is a poignant observation?
A moment of foreboding?
A tickle of woman's intuition?

Nope. It was a bug. A shiny, jadeblack, six-legged creature. On my person.

Twelve months ago I might have shrieked and called in back-ups to kill it. I would have wiggled and itched and been creeped out simply by sitting in the same chair.

Not any more. When I reached around to scratch the wiggly spot and felt the bug move between my fingers I grabbed and threw that sucker to the ground in surprise. Then, I grabbed a paper towel and tracked down the invading creature, determine to destroy (or perhaps trap under a glass and release in the wild) the cretin.

I found. I smooshed. I flushed.

Victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment